Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family recently added a Australian Cattle Dog pup to the household, and I thought I'd create a thread to document our adventures.

(Adoption day)
I adopted Cosmo from the local SPCA on 10/26 at the age of 3.5 months. She was brought up to our area from a high kill shelter in Mississippi. I found out last week that she was found dumped with her litter mates at the side of the road. :suspicious: Anyway, her kennel card had her listed as a ACD mix. If anyone has any idea of what she could be mixed with, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Some day, I'd love to get her DNA tested just for curiousity's sake. When I first got her, her coat was pretty thin and dull. Her coat is already filling out quite a bit, and she's already gained 5 lbs!

She's super smart! It's amazing the difference in training between the beagle and Cosmo. She's very eager to please, and although somewhat distractible, not nearly as distracted by the environment as the beagle.

I'm hoping to get involved with frisbee at some point (once she's old enough) and perhaps rally. We love her to bits already! Anyway, enjoy!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
SHE IS ADORABLE OMG <3

I'm sure you'll have some really awesome adventures together!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cosmo has grown so much! When I picked her up she weighed 17 lbs. Last night she weighed in at 23.8 lb! Her coat is continuing to grow in thicker. Today I have the day off, so we spent some time hiking and working on recall in a new environment. Everyone had a blast, and now both pups are sleeping quietly.

(Rare shot of both Rosie and Cosmo actually looking at the camera)

<3

Hope you all are enjoying the lovely fall weather as much as we are!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts