Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start my dog- 16 lb schnoodle- on pepcid for his ? acid reflux- throwing up bile - I got the 10mg pills- I think 5mg would be correct- also when to give? Maybe bedtime since when he throws up it is usually at night or early morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
As with any medication, you should check with your vet before dosing your pup. It could be something very easily managed without medication. If you're feeding on a very rigid schedule the vomiting may be from the dog anticipating a meal. Simply varying feeding times, leaving the dogs body guessing, will help correct this.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I agree with checking with your vet before medicating. When we first got our dog, she did the same thing - between 2 & 3 am we'd hear her vomiting. After talking with her vet, we started giving her a small snack at bedtime. That cured her early morning upsets and she eventually stopped needing the snacks.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Blu Boy ( also a Schnoodle) is like this when his stomach is empty. I feed him twice a day to prevent his vomiting bile. I feed early morning and late afternoon and give him a couple of small dog biscuits right before bedtime or I will have bile on the carpet for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts