Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday was such a nice day (76*!) I took Bailey over to my aunt and uncle's house for some exercise. They have a couple acres, a barn and some wooded trails. They also have a female pembroke welsh corgi named Gertie, who is 11 years old. I couldn't help but snap pictures:p

*More*​

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
What a couple of cuties! Glad they were able to get out and enjoy the day. :D

Glad to see the goats enjoyed their walk too. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
They both look like that had so much fun! Gertie looks like she's smiling in the one picture. I love Corgis...my mom has one and she always has that happy look on her face, too.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I love them! I only once interacted with a Corgi in real life. A woman brought hers to Petsmart when I was there. She (the Corgi that is!) rolled over on her back and let me rub her belly for about five minutes. She was so sweet! I loved her.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Oh how cute! They're very pretty. Looks like they had a lot of fun too.

Before deciding to get a Papillon, I spent a lot of time looking into Corgis. They were just a little bit bigger than what I wanted though (weight wise).

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to see the goats enjoyed their walk too. :D
Yes, they did! Thankfully the corgis didn't try to herd them up!
They both look like that had so much fun! Gertie looks like she's smiling in the one picture.
Corgis do seem to have an almost constant smile!
I love them! I only once interacted with a Corgi in real life. A woman brought hers to Petsmart when I was there. She (the Corgi that is!) rolled over on her back and let me rub her belly for about five minutes. She was so sweet! I loved her.
They are very sweet dogs
Before deciding to get a Papillon, I spent a lot of time looking into Corgis. They were just a little bit bigger than what I wanted though (weight wise).
Thanks! Bailey really enjoys going over there, I guess the farm takes her back to her herding heritage!

·
Registered
487 Posts

I love having my one dog (a Spaniel mutt) but there's part of me that wishes I could rent a second dog for a week at a time and always have the rental be from a different breed--like renting a Corgi for a week for Chance to play with. Then returning the Corgi and getting a Beagle for a week, etc. That would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Aw, they look so cuddly! My nephew really wants to get a Corgi...they are really, really cute! :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love having my one dog (a Spaniel mutt) but there's part of me that wishes I could rent a second dog for a week at a time and always have the rental be from a different breed--like renting a Corgi for a week for Chance to play with. Then returning the Corgi and getting a Beagle for a week, etc. That would be AWESOME!
The only problem is you wouldn't want to give it up after a week!
Aw, they look so cuddly! My nephew really wants to get a Corgi...they are really, really cute! :)
Thanks! Bailey is a big cuddle bug

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah I'm sure you're right!

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol there are actually companies that do this. I saw an article on it a while back ago, about a company that rents out pets to people who can't actually have a pet full time because of the responsibility. Often times they're shelter dogs and it works similar to foster homing one. Only you just pay to rent it for a short while. Not sure if it ever took off and got successful.

·
Registered
487 Posts
lol there are actually companies that do this. I saw an article on it a while back ago, about a company that rents out pets to people who can't actually have a pet full time because of the responsibility. Often times they're shelter dogs and it works similar to foster homing one. Only you just pay to rent it for a short while. Not sure if it ever took off and got successful.
Well that does seem really neat but like CK pointed out I'd probably never want to give each pet back. There's plenty of dogs in the neighborhood that Chance gets to play with. Her favorite is Brugal, a brown male Schipperke.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Corgis look adorable, and i love pygmy goats!
Those goats are hilarious. The two pictured are mother and daughter. My aunt took the mother and another one when someone dropped them off at the vet clinic while the other one was having trouble giving birth because they didn't want to pay. Unfortunately the baby didn't make it. But the one pictured ended up giving birth to the tan one a few weeks later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts