Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's hard to tell from the photos but are you sure she's not a Pembroke? Maybe I just can't see the tail.

Corgis can be stubborn, especially if they are used to getting their way. You might have to out stubborn her as far as walking in the snow or if she's as food motivated as my Gally just toss some treats out in the snow and let her go find them.
Corgis differ in their activity levels but an in shape, young corgi can easily go for an hour walk, spend two hours running around at the dog park, do some training, play tug and still have some energy left over. On the other end, some corgis are couch potatoes and would be happy with a couple half hour walks a day so I guess you'll just have to find out what her energy level is.

Corgis naturally want to herd little kids in my experience. It will depend if she was socialized to little kids or not for what her reaction will be. Most corgis outgrow ankle biting by 6 or 7 months of age if their owners deal with the issue.
Stubborn is right. When I was growing up my grammother had Corgi. Spoiled. I love her though. When she ws little she nipped but grew out of it. She did herd us but she stopped. So gentle. Sweet. Good with kids, but maybe it was just her.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts