Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
IMHO, GSP's are higher in activity level, a bit more blockheaded WRT training (but less independent), and the males perhaps on the big size of the size spectrum.

A vizsla would also fit the bill.

So would an australian shepherd or border collie (NOT field lines), though they would be less wash-and-wear.
Depends where you get one (GSP). Field lines are going to be super high energy while the show lines should be fine, one owner in CO (met her at a dog show) told me she goes on 1 walk a day with her Shorthair and she (the dog) was fine with it!

I think Aussie's definatly fit the bill, they're like BC's but not so intense.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Depends where you get one (GSP). Field lines are going to be super high energy while the show lines should be fine, one owner in CO (met her at a dog show) told me she goes on 1 walk a day with her Shorthair and she (the dog) was fine with it!
I guess every one I have met has been a field line dog, makes sense!

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just remembered this thread and thought I'd say...

I'm the only one who thought a FCR or a Toller?

I was actually already moving toward an FCR (someday) when I made this thread but as a result of your guys' suggestions there are several breeds I would seriously consider for the future...especially ACDs, Aussies (tailed if possible), and Tollers.

Thanks (much delayed) for playing!

'course if anyone has other suggestions I would be happy to hear them, but I have my hands full for a long while :)

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Female Doberman. You need one of those next. ;)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.