Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today was my second sighting of a dog breed that i can't quite put my name on. I'm very very good with breeds, but other than on 2 occasions, I've never seen this breed before. It's a "blue" or "silver" dog.. docked tail and cropped ears (on both that I've seen)... at first I thought it was a docked and cropped blue pit, but it's bigger than a pit, and more athletic looking.. kind of like a stockier and bulkier, more "aggressive" looking weineramer... idk if it's a rare breed or a mix... i doubt its a mix though because both that i saw looked identical, and where i saw both was very far from each other.. any guesses?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Maybe a cane corso?

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Canis panther was my first thought.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hm.. could be it although the muzzle wasn't very saggy or wrinkly... very good suggestion lol, and if nothing else comes up, then this is probably what it was
Despite the dogs you have seen the corso isn't actually supposed to be saggy and wrinkly. That is a neo. The corso is supposed to be sleek and muscled.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
i doubt its a mix though because both that i saw looked identical
Just wanted to comment that that doesn't rule out mutts for sure. My guy is surely a mutt, my guess is plott hound X lab X something X something, but I've seen in person and in pictures about 7-10 dogs that look a LOT him and 2-3 that are damn near identical.

·
Registered
647 Posts
No clue about the dog in your post, but you could have asked. Owners of less common breeds are really used to it. Happens to me all the time anyway and I'm usually glad to stop and chat. I had one stranger suggesting the right breed for my dog last weekend. First time someone manages in 3 years, I was so proud and amazed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds exactly like an American Bulldog to me.
I don't think American Bulldogs can come in blue or silver as Blacklite described...

No clue about the dog in your post, but you could have asked. Owners of less common breeds are really used to it. Happens to me all the time anyway and I'm usually glad to stop and chat. I had one stranger suggesting the right breed for my dog last weekend. First time someone manages in 3 years, I was so proud and amazed!
What breed is your dog?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think American Bulldogs can come in blue or silver as Blacklite described...
They do but it counts as a disqualification by the NKC. I'm just saying that it's much more likely to be that or even a cross of that than anything else. I met one the other day that was simply a gorgeous American bulldog that some guy had picked up from the pound.

No offense to cane corso lovers but as popular as they are on here. They are not easy to come across as an american bulldog. Know what I'm saying?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts