Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the adoption event today, I got paired with the first dog off the truck; an eight year old basset hound. Super cute! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her sweet face.

She has a bit of a story, though. They believe she has been bred over and over, and in early February, she was found starving in a ditch with a litter of puppies. (One is still available) There were 10 in the litter to start with, but I think only 6 made it to see forever homes. D:

She is the sweetest thing, though, even with her saggy-ness. lol She pulled me to the back of the store every five minutes to see her baby.

Among the other dogs I handled were a walker hound-type girl, who was so scared she just sat in a corner shaking. I bribed(sp?) her out into the world, and got her to walk. I am very proud of myself. lol She is very beautiful and I'm sure in a less stessful environment she is a happy, playful pup. (her name was Loretta)

I also got a beagle who all she wanted to do was pull away. I am also proud to say we worked with success on her healing. lol I am determined to become a dog trainer now.

So here are Cookie's pics. Sorry, they're bad; cell phone pics.

(look how skinny she still is! ): I know she just finished nursing..but still..

Showing off her flexibilty...of course for treats.

Sassy the beagle.

Cookie's petfinder:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13647781

Loretta's petfinder:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13681153

Sassy's petfinder:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13681495

And, just on the coolness topic, they had a Saint bernard and a Great Pyrenees(sp?) that had just been pulled from a kill shelter last night; they were the hugest, sweetest dogs I have ever met. The pyrenees seemed less then a year old, but he was huge, with big yellow eyes, and the Saint had a huge head. Just thought I'd add that. When they get posted on the web, I'll see if I can put their links up.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
They all look very sweet.

Cookie's story is certainly a very sad one. Hopefully she will find someone to show her what life is supposed to be like.

You deserve a big thank you for working with these dogs and helping them find their forever homes. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also had Cookie this past weekend, she is adorable. Alot of people were interested, but no success yet.

I managed to get a few pictures with my camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I volunteer on sundays, and i was thinking of seeing i can do it friday nights too. I love being with the bassets. (Cookie and Bo) I have one myself, and it makes me Mr.Popular at all of the events. All the kids want to come and pet them. I also like to hold the dog were fostering. (Gibson)

And i did see the Saint Bernard last weekend, he was huge..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, lol. Gibson is such a cutie! I've been to other adoption events, but I do mostly the Saturday ones. As you said, everyone loved Cookie, but no one seemed actually interested in her. I'm sure there's a happy playful personality inside her, I would love to foster her and help it come out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts