Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(LOCK THIS THREAD! I FORGOT AND MADE A DOUBLE!) I want to start feeding my dogs food that I cook for German Sheperds and Pomeranians.(see age tickers in my signature.) Should I? What do I feed them? How do I make it? Will my vet tell me if this is right for my dogs?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Didn't you already start a thread about this? It's best to only have one thread going on a given subject. It may take a little while for people to respond, but usually evenings are busier, give it time.

Anyway, what kind of shops and meat options do you have available? It is possible to do a balanced home-cooked diet, but you can't just throw it together haphazardly. It takes a lot of research to make sure you get all the essential nutrients in the right amounts. A raw diet is a bit easier, is that an option for you? There's a lot of info about raw diets around here. What kind of kibble are your dogs on right now?

Some vets are on board with well-balanced home-prepared diets, some disapprove entirely. It all depends on your vet. Holistic vets are more likely to be supportive of home-prepared diets.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't you already start a thread about this? It's best to only have one thread going on a given subject. It may take a little while for people to respond, but usually evenings are busier, give it time.

Anyway, what kind of shops and meat options do you have available? It is possible to do a balanced home-cooked diet, but you can't just throw it together haphazardly. It takes a lot of research to make sure you get all the essential nutrients in the right amounts. A raw diet is a bit easier, is that an option for you? There's a lot of info about raw diets around here. What kind of kibble are your dogs on right now?

Some vets are on board with well-balanced home-prepared diets, some disapprove entirely. It all depends on your vet. Holistic vets are more likely to be supportive of home-prepared diets.
Sorry, I forget sometimes. (LOCK THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE A MOD!!!!!) Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts