Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search, but didn't find anything that really answered my question. If there's someplace I should look, please direct me.

Is it necessary / recommended for adolescent and adult dogs to continue to be exposed to new people, dogs, environments? Perhaps it's not called socialization beyond puppyhood, and there's another term I should search for??

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Yes, socialization is a lifelong project, but it isn't as intense as socializing a puppy. You just want to refresh the dog on things is all.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I believe so and I believe its really important for certain breeds. I haven't let up on socializing mine and I can still bring any dog or person into my home with zero trouble. They all love everything that they meet.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe so and I believe its really important for certain breeds. I haven't let up on socializing mine and I can still bring any dog or person into my home with zero trouble. They all love everything that they meet.
Thanks! Like I said, I've read conflicting information and wanted to check with experienced dog folks. I'd like to get a second dog someday and want to be sure Katie is ok with it. We had a cat who barely tolerated living with us, so we waited until she passed to get a dog. I don't want to wait that long again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts