Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a proud owner of a basset hound (9 months old)
I was wondering what the best thing actually is...
In the beginning period I gave her not a continues water reserve... Only when i was home she got water.

Since a few months my basset got sick and My doctor said that I should give her a continues access to water. so now she has...

Some friends of mine they give there dog water just when they are home.

Is this the best way or the continues is better.

Best Regards

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Your dog should have access to water whenever you are home to let her out to pee. She doesn't need water at night. How long are you gone during the day time?

What did she get sick with?

Is she in a crate when you are at work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She had some belly issues... nothing that had to do with the water. but the doctor said that i should give her water cause because of the illness she was dehydrating.

I m almost 9 or 10 hours a day working... not a perfect situation, i know. but i love her soo much :)

So you would suggest also during the day when working to take the water away .. or only during the night ?

thanks for the fast reply

B

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Nine or ten hour day. I'd definitely leave her water during the daytime then. Can she get out to go pee during the day or can someone come in around noonish to let her out to potty? That would be ideal.

Can she have water at night AND not potty in the house? If so, give her water 24/7.

Where does she spend the night and where is she in the daytime?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts