Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet suggests puppy's allergy is not food, at this age and given her breed, but a contact allergy- she is itchy and the rection gave her an ear infection but she has no bowel issues

I am wracking my brain- she was fine for a long while....
She's been reacting since the end of January

Got a new dishwasher- have stopped using dishes from it to feed her

No new shampoos or anything, not prior to this, vet gave me one last week.

Use very few cleaning products- Windex and Palmolive, even for her fleece coat (Palmolive), vinegar, water. Hypoallergenic Tide on towels and clothes she might come in contact with, just what I use for myself.

She has access to two wool blankets... don't know if dogs can be allergic to wool, but she has had them since Nov. Cotton everywhere else except polyester fleece.

As I write this I realize it could be the cleaner they use in the halls of my building or fertilizer on a lawn or cleaners or detergents at her daycare .... poor puppy

If you know of any common dog contact allergies, please let me know and at least I can eliminate those... :(

TIA

·
Registered
717 Posts
Check out the Itchy Paws thread, my Boxer was allergic to both lamb and wool and was getting contact dermatitis from lying on our berber carpets d/t the wool content....

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Blu Boy has an allergy ( amongst a couple others also ) to the fragrance in dryer sheets. :/ I had to change to " All Free and Clear - fragrance free dryer sheets " and re-wash all my bedding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know what part of the country you are in, but could it be something that is blooming or growing outside? Since we have had such a warm winter down in Florida, we have had a lot of mushrooms/fungi, sticky weed, falling pine needles etc. this whole season. This probably wouldn't be so much of an issue up north.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts