Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do some dogs shed all year around and some only at different times of the year? I've had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix for 3 months. Her shedding was very minimal until about a week ago, when it increased exponentially. It's aggravated my allergies. I've been brushing her about twice a day and vacuuming more and taking more medication. Together that's controlled my allergies adequately. How much longer is she going to shed like this for? Will this happen again before the winter? If I keep brushing her, can I "get it all out at once"? It seems like no matter how much I brush, there's more that needs to come off! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Some breeds of dog "blow coat" twice a year (once in the spring and again in the fall). Will she let you vacuum her? Some dogs love it others don't It will help to cut down on the hair being shed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vacuuming sounds like it would work great but I'm not gonna even try it. She's very scared of the vacuum cleaner. She runs away from it as soon as I turn it on. Oh well.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
My doxie and my mutt shed all year round, but they have very short hair and it is minimal. My Elkhound blows his coat twice a year and very heavily. There is no "getting it all at once." We take him to a bathe your own dog place just to use the velocity dryer. That really cuts down how much hair he is leaving around the house. Which, is a god send, because sometimes we'll come home and it looks like he exploded on his bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts