Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Haha I totally understand that, but I'm only going to be with my roommates for another 4 months MAX by the time I get my pup. Also, I would not be against someone letting my dog out to go pee!!

Also I guess I just always figured the dog bonds closest to the person who spends the most time with it. My parents first dog Kelsey was my dads dog, because he went to the training, did the feeding, poop scooping, etc... and Meeka is my moms dog, because she went to the training.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Haha I totally understand that, but I'm only going to be with my roommates for another 4 months MAX by the time I get my pup. Also, I would not be against someone letting my dog out to go pee!!

Also I guess I just always figured the dog bonds closest to the person who spends the most time with it. My parents first dog Kelsey was my dads dog, because he went to the training, did the feeding, poop scooping, etc... and Meeka is my moms dog, because she went to the training.
Yep it matters! you are exactly right ... in my opinion of course ;)

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I'm late reading but congrats on the puppy!

I wanted to talk a little about price. This is JMO by the way. I only have pets. We dont breed, show, do sports etc but if I get a purebred puppy, I want the healthiest pup I can get. For me, that means that the parents have the requisite health testing done for their breed. That generally means a higher priced pup. My Boone is 9, he was $1200 from a responsible breeder who did the testing. Ginger is 4. Her breeders also did all the testing but she was only $700. The reason for the cheap price is that all four dogs in the litter were born with a mouth problem, meaning they can't be shown or bred. Ginger has an underbite. When conversing with the breeder, I even asked why they were so cheap because I know that, at least up here, reputable breeders get more for their pups.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Picture update time, Apparently she was born around Jan 23 some time because my count was off. We bring her home March 20th she will be 8 weeks that following Monday.

IMG950787.jpg IMG950789.jpg IMG950798.jpg

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I'm a little confused...the breeder doesn't know when they were born?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
So cute but man am I glad it will be you hearing whaling puppy cries and not me and the housebreaking, the teething, the training. The first day home away from mom and siblings seem to be the hardest for the lil guys.

Love an adult dog that knows the difference between a day off of work and a work day. Pups just think everyday everyone should get up early. Enjoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
NO no no, I guessed the date they were born according to when the listing was posted. I assumed they were listed the day or day after they were born, but in reality she posted the listing 2 weeks after they were born. I was a little too excited to ask the exact day they were born. I assumed and made an ass of myself.

But yes I already have the crate next to my bed wrapped in a blanket to make it more den like but within arms reach so I can poke a finger in to quite her down. The down side is the sunday after we get her I have work training out of state for a week, Luckily my girlfriends mom cant wait to see the pup and spoil her so she is coming down the day I leave to watch over her. So she wont be in a crate at all until sleepy time for the first week she is in her new home.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
So cute but man am I glad it will be you hearing whaling puppy cries and not me and the housebreaking, the teething, the training. The first day home away from mom and siblings seem to be the hardest for the lil guys.

Love an adult dog that knows the difference between a day off of work and a work day. Pups just think everyday everyone should get up early. Enjoy.
I was lucky in that aspect, I got a good, laid back puppy thats has a "whatev's" attitude toward life LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Well I am a big fan of patriotism and America and sport red white and blue every chance I get, Fly a flag every day in our window. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the USA so I wanted to call her "Freedom" thinking If some day we get 3 dogs we can name them Freedom Liberty and Justice. Then whisper "for all" after saying all their names as a fun little 'MURICA thing. So my girlfriend thought Freedom was too much of a boy name and wanted to call her Liberty as in Lady Liberty then Lib or Libby for short since my girlfriend doesn't participate as much in the loving of this great country. We started a twitter/instagram for her to update pictures for friends and family and anyone else as she grows and learns cool things and we take her different places. If you want to follow her I am sure my girlfriend would love that: @LadyLibertyAuss on both twitter and instagram.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Well I am a big fan of patriotism and America and sport red white and blue every chance I get, Fly a flag every day in our window. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the USA so I wanted to call her "Freedom" thinking If some day we get 3 dogs we can name them Freedom Liberty and Justice. Then whisper "for all" after saying all their names as a fun little 'MURICA thing. So my girlfriend thought Freedom was too much of a boy name and wanted to call her Liberty as in Lady Liberty then Lib or Libby for short since my girlfriend doesn't participate as much in the loving of this great country. We started a twitter/instagram for her to update pictures for friends and family and anyone else as she grows and learns cool things and we take her different places. If you want to follow her I am sure my girlfriend would love that: @LadyLibertyAuss on both twitter and instagram.
Thats how Lincoln got his name, his litter wa born on sept 11th, so to honor the losses that day, the breeder named them all patriotic type names (the girls were liberty, Bell, Star, and Justice I think. The boys were Lincoln, Jefferson, Reagan, Washington, and Roosevelt.) I decided to keep his name because he just ... looked like a Lincoln to us, and the name fit him so well. Plus he already was answering to it LOL.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Hahaha I have a Liberty, Libby for short. She got her name because she was born on the Fourth of July. Her brother from another mother, born the next day was named Independence, Indy for short. Mine are short little barrel chested Miniature horses!

It will be fun to watch your lil Libby grow up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Well this is all good to know I figured people would look at me like I am crazy for naming my dog that, Glad luv mi pets and OwnedbyACDs understand haha.
I love the name Independence, Indy for short that's a good one. I feel like its more of a male name though, I may have to keep that one on the notes for the next dog!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'm naming my dog after an anime character/cartoon character (depending on what gender/colour it is) so I really don't see how naming your dog after patriotism is any more crazy than the people who name their animals after video game characters/cartoon characters/anime characters (me!)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
what about your puppy, where are the PICS!!!
Puppy is still being made/growing in moms tummy, so no pics yet. Basically as soon as Keechak's pups are born I have a feeling mine will be born around the same time, and as soon as my breeder sends me something, I'll let you know if its an Erza (red girl), a Juvia (blue/black girl), a Laxus (red boy) or a Sterling (blue/black boy)

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Puppy is still being made/growing in moms tummy, so no pics yet. Basically as soon as Keechak's pups are born I have a feeling mine will be born around the same time, and as soon as my breeder sends me something, I'll let you know if its an Erza (red girl), a Juvia (blue/black girl), a Laxus (red boy) or a Sterling (blue/black boy)
OH sorry my bad LOL, I was under the assumption he/she was born already, sorry.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.