Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are now starting to phase Uallis out of his crate. Through some really hard work, we have 'broken' him of his destructiveness when he is alone in a room by himself. We are still implementing the baby gates, mainly because neither dog I would ever trust around the cats unsupervised. The gates will always be around unfortunately for that purpose. However, the dogs will be unsupervised, without crates, in separate rooms. Eddie will be gated in the kitchen and Uallis will be gated in the computer room. They have done well in short trials so we feel somewhat comfortable leaving them uncrated when no one is around. Eddie has been for awhile, but we are happy that Uallis has finally made it as well! :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congratulations Uallis! Treat yourself with a nice reward from PetEdge since you get the computer room. LOL

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Congratulations Uallis! Treat yourself with a nice reward from PetEdge since you get the computer room. LOL
LOL! Good idea!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please don't give him any ideas!!! LOL!!

He slept out of the crate last night and did great. My boyfriend came down several times to check on him and he was just sleeping at each check on his couch...lol. My boyfriend also let him out once in the middle of the night as well, although I don't think he really needed it...but an extra potty break never hurts. :)

Eddie has been sleeping out of his crate for awhile and has done fine for the most part. Occasionally, he will start barking when he hears coyotes howling and we've crated him then because he won't bark while he's in his crate. Uallis has also on occasion slept out of his crate but with me sleeping in the room with him, but last night was the first FULL night unsupervised. We are still making sure that everything important is picked up before leaving him for the night but that is just common sense to do. Really the whole objective is to keep him out of his crate as much as possible. I can still envision times when he'll need to be crated but we hope to cut that down.

My boyfriend still wants Uallis crated when no one is home so we will see about that. I think he still has visions of when Uallis busted out of his crate...we came home and the house was trashed by Uallis and the trash can in our bedroom was dumped out in the middle of our bed...hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts