Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to be at a meeting all day temps around 68-72 and will be parked in the shade is it okay to leave my puppy in a crate in my truck if I take her out every hour to hour and a half to walk and potty I will be in Pennsylvania

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I have done this when the truck was parked in a concrete parking garage. The crate was in the back of the truck under a cap. The cap was well ventilated as was the crate. I had a battery operated fan. Tailgate was locked and so was the crate. There was water in the crate. There was a raw bone in the crate. The dog was full grown. I left a note on the window with my cell phone #. Again, the garage was secure. I was next door. It was not a baby puppy.

Even though it was 65° in the garage, someone called law enforcement. The dog was fine (he is quiet) but I went out and live streamed my dog to the officer. He was a k9 guy and he said all was good.

I don't know your situation but generally I would say no.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
It's just not a good plan. You have no way of predicting with certainty what the temp will be on an upcoming day, and while you're in the meeting it could rise unexpectedly. Also, when you go out to walk the dog, if you discover that the temps are rising or the dog is upset, what are you going to do? Can you just leave the meetings or bring the dog in with you?

I'd suggest finding a boarding kennel nearby or a doggy daycare and leaving the dog there for the day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to Dorgorums.

I cannot for the life of me think of less than 5 things that can go wrong here.
Short answer, as above. No.

Would it be possible for your pup to attend the meeting suitably crated?
Doggie Day Care?
Family, friend or neighbor?
Your vet?

Uncle Foster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts