Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We filled out a adopting form on Monday for a small dog named Gonzo , however the family ahead of us got him ( first come first serve . But there was good news! our application was given the green light and we went for choice # 2( My inital choice ;) ) However this is technically my moms dog

Anyone want some shelter pictures?

His name is Teddy, he is 1-2 years old. The shelter lists him as a setter/terrier mix.
Personally I want to say german wirehaired pointer poodle mix ( his fur is grown in now and very curly!)

He is VERY hyper and bad manners, but nothing I cant fix :)

Koda lives with my sister and dad 4 hours away. He was suppose to come with me to live, and as much as it breaks my heart my sister has alot of trouble making friends so im keeping him with her until she picks herself up :) Thankfully I get to see him 1-2 tims a month for a week at a time. ( its been like this since September )

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Very nice! I can't really tell how big he is, and I hope you will post LOTS of pictures when he gets to come home, but I think he looks like a Setter / Pointer X. Will you be introducing him to Koda?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! I can't really tell how big he is, and I hope you will post LOTS of pictures when he gets to come home, but I think he looks like a Setter / Pointer X. Will you be introducing him to Koda?
Next time i'll be home with Koda will be either the end of next month, or the beginning of April for 2 weeks ( I just came back from home a few days ago as I have a job in the city along with university ) but Teddy will be along for the ride, im hoping to introduce them in a dog park which no one goes too, or on a walk. Koda doesn't exactly like when another dog is in his house to be introduce, he feels very violated LOL poor guy he's been a single dog too long.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Oh my gosh! He is absolutely adorable! :) I bet you can fix the "hyper" with some mental training and good old exercise!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my gosh! He is absolutely adorable! :) I bet you can fix the "hyper" with some mental training and good old exercise!
Thats the plan! Im also thinking about doing vlogs of his training sessions to show his progress, good idea? :)

Also! Im getting him a quick release collar ( martingale ) like this...

considering he doesn't come with one, what size should I get? possibly an impossible question to really ask virtually but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
All sounds like a good plan to me! Will be looking for his progress. He sure is cute!!! :)

Those collars are supposed to be really nice. It is my second one on my " Next " list.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Things just took a turn for the worse :( Im clearly not ment to adopt.
My landlord just called and said he is selling the house, we dont know if we have to move... or if our new landlord will let us have a dog so Teddy will have to wait.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Things just took a turn for the worse :( Im clearly not ment to adopt.
My landlord just called and said he is selling the house, we dont know if we have to move... or if our new landlord will let us have a dog so Teddy will have to wait.
Oh No! I am so sorry .....................

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is heartbreaking, we called our landlord 3 days ago to make sure it was still okay to have a dog and he was all for it! He should of told us he was planning on selling the place.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thankfully this does not affect if we want to adopt from this shelter in the future. Im hoping Teddy finds a fantastic home soon <3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts