Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Give him/her some time to sniff around and explore your home, it will help him to get comfortable in this new place (your home) faster :)

Don't be too concerned if he/she doesn't eat very much the first day home

Be consistent in everything you do! They will learn what is expected of them so much faster that way :)

Give him/her lots of love! And be ready to come back to DogForums with all the questions that are sure to pop up.

Also, try to give the puppy a little bit of alone time every day (in a crate or something similar).. Being with someone 24/7 can really contribute to the development of separation anxiety.. and that's -not- fun to deal with.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Congratulations! I bet the excitement is just killing you!

I second the motion for pictures :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give him/her some time to sniff around and explore your home, it will help him to get comfortable in this new place (your home) faster :)

Don't be too concerned if he/she doesn't eat very much the first day home

Be consistent in everything you do! They will learn what is expected of them so much faster that way :)

Give him/her lots of love! And be ready to come back to DogForums with all the questions that are sure to pop up.

Also, try to give the puppy a little bit of alone time every day (in a crate or something similar).. Being with someone 24/7 can really contribute to the development of separation anxiety.. and that's -not- fun to deal with.
You were right about the eating. I had to hand feed him kibble to get him to eat. He adjusted fine to the apartment, but is really scared of outside (I posted a new thread concerning that.)

Pictures to come soon I promise. I
ll post here to let you know when.

Thanks guys.

-Bryan

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
oooh, puppy pictures, I can't wait. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts