Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Before anyone thinks I'm "doggin" (hahahahaha) on mutts, my pup is a mutt, too. We paid $50 for her.

I think people have come up with some cutesy name for English Springer Spaniel/Border Collie mixes and tried to sell them for a lot of money. Again, oy.

·
Registered
388 Posts
All I can say is wow...or maybe wow! I just don't get it. I am trying to understand why the prices are so high for these mixed breeds..but I can't!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
A "Fox Red" Lab is just a Yellow Labrador with really dark color. They're still Labradors, just deep in color. There are a couple of Red Yellows at my kennel club

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ah, OK. But if you look at the ones on that site, they are really bad-looking labs. I am a little more used to the "English" labs and I know "American" labs have a leaner look, but still.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
They're poorly bred labs being used for more poor breeding. Not all American Labs are uggos, even the well bred fieldies, but no, their Labs aren't nice to look at at all.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Bayley cost me 150.00. Could be cause no one's come up with a cute name for a Shep/Husky mix. Although in Agility clubs here in Canada, she'd be an All Canadian..which I do like :)

what would be wrong with a Shusky? or Huskerd? LOL

I think a lot of the designer folks pick the stupid names before even breeding the dogs. Shameful! IMO

·
Registered
411 Posts
I thought of Hussy! She can certainly act like one around the boys.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Oh look, Petfinder found some retriever mixes in your area!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13526404
That Golden x Dachshund mix reminds me of a dog my sister had. We thought he was a Chocolate Lab x Dachshund and that picture makes me think we were right. Talk about a crazy mutt...! He would have benefited from some good training (which he never got) but he had all the worst traits of both breeds. He wasn't very big, but he was like a tsunami of bad behavior.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I actually stumbled upon a breeder of "Doxadors" one time. It made me sad.

·
Registered
858 Posts
By the way, when I first heard about these dogs, they were Flat Coat x Golden, not Cocker Spaniel x Golden
The people that are breeding the Flatcoat x Cockers have had to change the name of their "creation," because the Golden x Cocker folks apparently have cornered the market on the "Comfort Retriever" thing. The FCR x Cockers are now being called "Chatham Hill Retrievers," or "Chatties," which sends shivers up my spine...

And anyone interested in Fox Red Labradors, there is a lot of info on this site:
http://www.littleriverlabs.com/foxred.htm

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Blast! Here I thought it was a real attempt to create a breed with an unbelievable drive to bring you a blanket.
I guess that means the Chesapeake Bay Retriever really has his work cut out.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
wow!!! i think i'm going to start breeding BoJack-a-poos.....i'm gonna find me a really well bred Jack and Poodle boy and breed him to Tir and start selling them for $1500....they should make great herding/flyball/retrieving/agility dogs...maybe even the best for dock diving, don't ya think?.....i knew i was doing something wrong here....:eek::rolleyes:

as for the Shep/Husky mix?...how about Sheskies, Siberds or Hukerds.....or, i know, Gerkies....yeah, Gerkies sounds great....:D:D

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I have nothing against mutts. I've owned a mutt or two in my life and they were great dogs. I would never pay to get a mutt from "breeder".

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
The FCR x Cockers are now being called "Chatham Hill Retrievers," or "Chatties," which sends shivers up my spine...

Yes, and we've had Mr. Chatham hill retrievers himself on here, he got banned.

To the OP, you won't find the up for these mixes you're looking for here. They don't come from responsible breeders and we don't promote those who breed just to make a buck. In all seriousness check out rescue for similar breed mixes or go to one of the reputable purebred breeders of either Cockers or Goldens. You can find them through the National and local breed clubs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Gerkies, I like that! Kind of like a Gherkin!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
My local cocker rescue gets these quite often, usually around 4 months when the vet bills start outweighing the cuteness. Ear problems and allergy problems galore. That's where I would start.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.