Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This past weekend we flew to North Carolina and brought this little fluff ball home. Her name is Lacey and she is just the sweetest little thing. She is a bichon frise and is 11 weeks old. It has been some 20 years since we have had a puppy and I forgot how much work they are. So far she seems to love her crate and has slept about 6 hours at a time during the night. Potty training is going to be the death of me however. LOL !!!!

I put pee pads down in her penned off area of the kitchen and her favorite thing is to shred them to pieces. I am so afraid she is going to swallow the pieces. We also have a pen set up outside and I take her out very frequently. However, it is so cold here that it is hard to stay out very long. Much of the time Lacey will just sit and stare at me outside. Then as soon as I bring her back in the kitchen, she pees on the floor. Any potty training tips would be greatly appreciated.
Laceydec5.jpg

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Welcome. She's adorable!

Have you tried rewarding her when she pees appropriately? When she goes where you want make a HUGE fuss. Praise her and give her some WONDERFUL treats or her favorite toy. Make it worth her while to go outside.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I finally went from puppy pads to newspaper. They still tore it up a bit but never tried to eat it. I did train a couple with a litter box, using wood pellets and that worked well. Hard to train them in the winter time unless you have a covered area outside you can use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts