·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This sweet old lady had the same "mate" (males are neutered btw so no breeding) for about a decade and he died this past spring. After he died she would howl that no other wolves would echo. She has a new boyfriend now who is about a year and a half old.

Her new boy toy

Our tour guide and a wolf both crossing legs

Those feet! Wolves have huuuge feet.

Howling

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple from behind the scenes.

Burros being burros. Both rescues.

Raccoons, abandoned and being taken care of until they can be released. They are not being socialized as we want them to have a healthy uncertainty of people so we didn't stay near them very long.

I PETTED A WOLF!!!! Her name is Orenda, she is 8 months old. They often stay fairly social until they hit 2 years old.

Kisses and mouthing my boss

Mouth kisses for the center director

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huuuuuge feet!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
That is sooooo awesome! They are beautiful! :) (awesome pics, too!)

I went to a wolf rescue in Ipswich, MA (Wolf Hollow) several years ago. I knew they were big animals, but yeah - you certainly get a sense for exactly how large when they put their paws up on the fence! Wish I could find the pics I took.
Also wish I'd gotten to pet one, but they don't allow it - I wanted to sooo bad!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Insanely jealous, I absolutely LOVE wolves. I originally went to college for zoology with the dream of working in wolf conservation but I suuucked at chemistry and have terrible study habits so that didn't work out. :(

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are huge, and seeing them in person you're as awestruck as you are aware that they could easily kill you.

Insanely jealous, I absolutely LOVE wolves. I originally went to college for zoology with the dream of working in wolf conservation but I suuucked at chemistry and have terrible study habits so that didn't work out. :(
I had planned on being a veterinarian but got a D my first semester in college, in chemistry. I was working on other chemistry... been married 9 years now :D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They are huge, and seeing them in person you're as awestruck as you are aware that they could easily kill you.

I had planned on being a veterinarian but got a D my first semester in college, in chemistry. I was working on other chemistry... been married 9 years now :D
Haha! I had to retake Chem 101, then after that was Organic Chem I which I also failed and instead of retaking that and then having to attempt Organic Chem II, I just switched majors before I failed out. Sometimes I still wonder what my life would be like if I had studied harder and passed everything and gotten my zoology degree...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts