Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the breeds you own now, do you generally favor one color over the other?
I used to love and adore red&white and red white&sable Papillons after meeting two cute paps in these colors, but since I came across Sunny, I like the elegant look of a black&white Papillon; I like the black&white for the Phaléne even more. <3

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I do.

I prefer Merles in dogs like the BC, Collie, and Aussie. I'm all about Sables in GSDs. Brindles in Boxers and Cardis are my preference.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Honestly in paps I can't really say. I think my favorite will always be red sables and after having 5 red sables I still love the color. But I love the traditional tricolor too (had one of them too) and then I completely love hound tris. I want my next to be a black and white. I'll go with anything other than lemon and lemon sable. I'm just not a fan.

For border collies, I love any color but I do gravitate towards the traditional black and white and tricolors. I will say my favorite markings are split faces.

For shelties, mahogany sable will always be my favorite followed by bi-blacks.

ETA: Oddly enough merle is about my least favorite color in all the merle breeds. I know most people love it, but I'm just not a fan.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm a sucker for tri-colored dogs in any breed that they occur. I also have a weakness for black & tan dogs like Rotts, Dobes, etc.. My Golden is nearly Irish Setter red (not quite that dark) and I like that color much more than the standard blond color. I don't care too much for "white" Goldens or Labs, but it's not so strong a feeling that I would refuse to have one.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
In dogs I have (schnauzer), I favor black and silver when clipped and salt and pepper in stripped.

In dogs I want, for collies I like a crispy marked tricolor, but I have such a thing for anything tri-merled. I prefer blue over red though. Not a fan of sables, especially rough sables.

In Brittanys, my favorites are piebald white with a really rich deep orange, leaning slightly more white with asymertrical but balanced orange patches, and moderate ticking. Livers just don't strike my Brittany chords the same way.

For Tollers, I like a darker dog with some little white on the head but a big splash of white on the chest.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have an Apricot toy poodle. I don't really have a preference but I don't like the parti colors in poodles. I always think they look weird I guess because I'm used to solid colors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love reds in aussies red tri, red bi, or solid red, also love red merles too!!! just love them!!!

/Amanda

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Color is very unimportant but I do have some I favor more to be honest.

In APBT
Red Red Nose
Black & Tan
Chocolate & Tan Red Nose
Most any Brindles I really like Black Brindles and Red Brindle Red Nose and Fawn or Buckskin Brindles with Red Nose

In Cane Corso
Black
Brindle especially dark or black

·
Registered
404 Posts
In Irish setters, I much prefer "mahogany," a deep and dark red, to the more orange colors or chestnut.

In English setters, I like blue belton (black and white) best, favoring lightly dappled dogs in field variety and more of a roan belton in bench setters.

In border collies, I prefer black and white or the rarer varieties like sable.

Someday I'd like to have a sheltie, and I LOVE black and whites. Must be my border collie fetish. :p

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Hmm interesting post!

In Papillons my favorite is Hound tri, regular tri and red and white. I'm not too much a fan of black and white and I've never actually seen a lemon and white.

In BCs and Aussies I like blue merle then tricolor.

and I also love black and white bostons, I don't know why but brindle looks really weird to me.

I like ruby, blenheim and tri Cavaliers but don't like the black and tan one as much.

I like silver huskies or diluted blacks.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
My neighbor has a lemon sable pap. It just looks strange to me.

Here's a pic of a lemon: http://www.braylorspapillons.com/images/LemonToby1a.jpg

I've thought about this more and I think for me it goes Red sable, hound tri, traditional tri, black and white, red and white, livers, then lemon/lemon sable last.

·
Registered
213 Posts
In Border Collies, I have to go with the traditional black and white. I especially love the BCs where their white on their noses does not go fully up, it's just like a smudge there. Coming in a close second is red & white... though maybe partially because of my new red & white up :).

·
Registered
714 Posts
in huskies, i am drawn to the agoutis.
in my akitas, i would love a brindle, either brown or blue. but i also like one with a dark mask.
i love merle cardis, bcs, and aussies. i'm partial to blue in the cardis and aussies, but red in the bcs.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
My neighbor has a lemon sable pap. It just looks strange to me.

Here's a pic of a lemon: http://www.braylorspapillons.com/images/LemonToby1a.jpg

I've thought about this more and I think for me it goes Red sable, hound tri, traditional tri, black and white, red and white, livers, then lemon/lemon sable last.
I just mean I've never seen one in real life. I've seen a couple of pics.

I think my order is tri color, red and white, red sable, black and white, hound tri, and sable and white.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts