Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm/Pit_Bulls_Shot_By_Officer_Protecting_Livestock/?Id=127229

Thoughts?

I think that the farmer had a right to protect his livestock, IF the dogs were in fact threatening them. But the fact that the scumbag left a gut-shot dog to lie out in the field suffering makes me think he's making up the entire story. That's just being deliberately cruel. The other day one of my co-workers was talking about what one should do if someone with a pit bull moves in near them. . .and this sounds awfully similar.

And the owners sound like the typical twits who move to an acreage and think they now have a Fundamental American Right to let their dogs run all over the place. And maybe it was in the video (but I couldn't see it on my phone) but the story makes it sound like none of the dogs went to the vet, and the dog in the picture looks home-doctored (looks like an ACE bandage, not vet wrap).

My sympathies lie with the dogs. The humans. . .not so much.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
While the shooter may very well be a PileOfCrap, the owners have an obligation to keep their dogs on their own property, or at the very least, off of someone else's property.

I own two dogs that are of a breed that farmers would probably shoot without much hesitation. So, I keep them leashed, fenced, and under control.

People are horrid. The poor dogs. Heartbreaking.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
This is where I'm a bit confused: " she is alone after she and three other pit bulls, all owned by roommates, crossed the street into Mitchell Police Officer John Badker's property Thursday. When the dogs didn't return, Schulte got nervous."

So.. the owner SAW the dogs cross the street onto their neighbors property but just sat around and waited for them to come back?

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Just bizarre to me, and hopefully poor writing because if I was sitting around my house and watched my five dogs cross the street I'd get up to see where they're going.

No, that's a lie, I'd fly out of the house like a mad man because WHAT ARE THEY DOING ALONE OUT THERE?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.