Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1 yr old rat terrier mix, makes a kind of gasping noise when he has a collar on. It like irritates his throat. But he also sometimes, at night has these episodes of what sounds like reverse sneezing. He snorts while inhaling, so I think hes reverse sneezing. But they seem to conflict. He's only 1, so it would be somewhat different because it usually doesn't occur so young. The leash noise is quite different from the reverse sneeze type thing. does anybody have ideas? thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does he make these "noises" when he's not got his collar on?
Reverse sneezing is just what it sounds like, sort of a backwards sneeze. Odd, but happens on the odd occassion.

If your dog is only making these noises when he's wearing a collar and the leash is attached, he could just have a "sensitive" trachea/throat/neck.

You may want to try using a harness for walking instead.
There's many styles, like the ones that the leash attaches to the top, ie: on the dog's back, then there is the type that attaches to the front of the dog, in the chest area.

Just a suggestion

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does he make these "noises" when he's not got his collar on?
Reverse sneezing is just what it sounds like, sort of a backwards sneeze. Odd, but happens on the odd occassion.

If your dog is only making these noises when he's wearing a collar and the leash is attached, he could just have a "sensitive" trachea/throat/neck.

You may want to try using a harness for walking instead.
There's many styles, like the ones that the leash attaches to the top, ie: on the dog's back, then there is the type that attaches to the front of the dog, in the chest area.

Just a suggestion
No, not really. He only makes the noises when the pressure is applied. But he does reverse sneeze, but I realize its no big deal. I have an appointment at the vet for next friday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts