any guesses or idea's?

OR261.20928555-2-x.jpg
OR261.20928555-1-x.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: coat ~~question, what will it look like?? guesses? idea's??~~

does anybody have an idea on her coat color as an adult? hello?

·
Registered
673 Posts

Most of the members on this board are American, so you can't expect too many responses at midnight on a Monday....;)

As for the pup's coat, a lot can change from that age. The best I can tell you is she'll probably have short fur and keep the light coloring. The eye color can change, as can any markings. When I got him, my pup had a big white streak down the back of his head and very little tan. Now that streak is a tiny little triangle and his tan is much more apparent. You'll have a better idea at around 4 months or so.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

I copied and magnified the top picture in paint to get a better look at this girl, and it appears she has a black mask (black markings around the edge of the white on her muzzle). That is not what it looks like in the second photo though. Can you tell me if she has this black on her muzzle as it would help.

Even if she does not I believe she and others in the litter are displaying a lightening pattern in their coat which is named urajiro.

If you go to this link: http://abnormality.purpleflowers.net/genetics/albino.htm - and scroll down to the urajiro photos of the Akita, I believe your pup will have similar colors to this. The yellow/tan in the coat most often intensifies a bit as pups grow, although other modifiers can change that up, so that can not be said for sure. If there are black markings around her muzzle they will diminish, but there will most likely be a hint of them always.

SOB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she's not actually my dog, I was thinking about adopting her, she's only 4-5 weeks in this picture, I don't have any more pictures available of her
I was just curious, especially with the darker color around her eyes

her adoption fee is $300 which is to steep for me right now :( which makes me sad, but oh well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts