Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum but love what I see so far. All the information I've read so far is very good. I have 3 small dogs... Yes, 3. I have a 4yr old Shihtese, a 2 yr old Havatese and a 2 yr old mini Havanese. As you might guess it's very costly to keep them all groomed. I'm pretty good with the brushing but with working 2 jobs, sometimes it gets away from me. I decided about a year ago (pre the 2 - 2yrs old that I adopted) that I would home groom my Shihtese. I bought a cheap $60.00 clipper at Petco. It was horrible. Took me over an hour (thank god my baby is so patient with me) but it never cut the hair short. It basically just thinned it. Now with the three of them at $48.00 plus tip a shot, it's out of control. I like to keep them groomed at all times. I am now thinking about attempting this again. I have been researching and am willing to spend more. So the one i found at a reasonable price (sug retail $299.00 but on sale for $159.00) is Andis Excel Variable 5-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper. I've read that a lot of groomers and novice like it a lot but they said it gets very hot. I want one that really takes off the hair and quick. I watch videos of dogs getting puppy cuts and the hair is just falling off as the groomer is shaving the back. That's the result that i'm looking for. I was going to get a 4FC & 5FC. Does anyone have any opinions, advice or suggestions? Many thanks.... Need some help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts