Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 6 year old Collie has suddenly become extremely clingy with both myself and the wife. Just follows either of us around and stands there waiting for your next move. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Agree. A vet visit with blood work, including a full thyroid panel (sent to an outside lab) is in order.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thirding vet. My husky got a lot more clingy when he was sick. Never was a cuddler, but suddenly he was snuggling up with me on the couch and wanting to be pet all of the time.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Also agree with a vet visit.

If everything comes back clean from the vet, perhaps she is following you around because she is bored? I know my Aussie/Collie mix begins to follow me everywhere and be more attuned to my regular movements throughout the house these days because we have bitter cold weather right now that is not safe for prolonged outdoor adventures. He thinks we need to go on a walk, and even though I have been trying to get him exercise and training inside, he is beginning to get cabin fever! If it is also cold in your area and you are not going outside and playing as often as in warmer weather, she could be looking for something to do!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts