Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

Finnlee has taken to hiding/climbing under my recliner. Would it be safe to make him a den with a cardboard box if he it inclined to den? He does use his crate for naps now. He just likes playing under my chair. He's so small I'm afraid one day I won't see him and squish him.

AJ & Finnlee

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Do you mean make him a den under the recliner? The answer to that is a NO. If you mean set up something in a different area of the room for him to den up in, then that would probably be a good idea. A cardboard box, a tent bed, or an airline crate would work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely not under the chair but someplace in my living room. I have an open floor plan and his crate's in the dining room and he can see everything. but I thought giving another place to go instead of the chair would be good. Thanks LeoRose for the quick answer.

AJ & Finnlee

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
I have had crates in more then one room. Seems like Dog pillows are everywhere lol.. Getting under the chair /recliner is a really bad habit. My dad injured our cat several times and once really bad on his back . When my dad put the foot rest down not knowing the cat was under there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good Morning,

Finnlee has taken to hiding/climbing under my recliner. Would it be safe to make him a den with a cardboard box if he it inclined to den? He does use his crate for naps now. He just likes playing under my chair. He's so small I'm afraid one day I won't see him and squish him.

AJ & Finnlee
Think about WHY he likes to be under the chair. He probably wants a cozy cave near you. My last dog was the same way. You can get a crate or something and cover it with a blanket. There are also companies that build a side table with built in covered dog bed you could place next to your favorite chair. I can find a link if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts