Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog likes to keep peeing in a certain spot. Mostly asks to go outside but we're working on it. Anyway, I usually wipe it up with paper towel then go over it with my Swiffer wet jet. I researched the wet jet before I bought it and it is safe for pets (no matter what you see on Facebook). I don't let him near the spot until it's dry. Today on a whim I looked at the ingredients on the bottle and it just said various cleaning solutions. So I remembered that ammonia is bad for cleaning dog messes so I googled it and it has .03% ammonia. Not enough to harm a pet but probably enough to amplify the smell and confuse him. So to get to the point: Has anyone put a DIY cleaning solution in an empty Swiffer bottle and still used the wet jet? Any suggestions on a cleaning solution to use? or just what's your opinion. Thanks, sorry so long.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Nature's Miracle is the store bought cleaner that eliminates the smell of the accident. You can get it at almost any pet store, or on Amazon.

Personally, I use a mixture of vinegar, a drop of Dawn dish soap, water, and essential oils. My dog licks cleaners, soooo, I went as natural as I could just in case I spill and he decided to lick it up. It there was an accident on the carpet, I would sprinkle a little baking soda over the spot, let it absorb the mess, and then spray it with my vinegar cleaner, let it sit a bit longer, then scrub it up and let it air dry. For my hard floors, I just spray it on then scrub it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts