Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as a first time dog owner I'm full of questions! hopefully you guys will be able to assist me with some of my GROOMING questions.

Firstly my dog's fur got covered in jam (raspberry) last wednesday. It has stuck the hairs together and it (the dog) seems angered when I try to pick the jam out.

How can I remove this jam (raspberry) without being cruel to the animal? What long term damage will the dog suffer?

My second problem is this...when I first bought my puppy I noticed that its face was sagging somewhat. I thought that it would grow out of this as it "matured" but it just seems to have got worse. It is very unsightly so I'm forced to cover the dog's face in a mask sometimes if having a dinner party.Is this a normal dog "feature"?

I know these may sound like stupid and obvious questions but this is my first time owning a dog or even a pet (although I did once adopt a garden frog!) and I'm just checking that I'm doing everything right.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only way to get the jam out is a bath. And yes it can do damage if you don't get it out. It can keep the skin from getting any air. If you get it out right away, there will not be any damage..

As for the sagging face, what kind of dog is it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts