Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay!! Stella, my son and I, are going to the game tomorrow night! It's so much fun. This is the 3rd Bark in th Park we've been to. They are having another one this year in Sept. I'll be going to that one, too. Actually my husband does the giveaway for them! This year it's a bandanna. Last year and the first year, it was a squeaky toy. They have vendors and contests, and you also get to parade around the field track. About 500 dogs/owners are expected to attend this year's game. You get a seat for yourself and one for your dog. It always amazes me how well-behaved all the dogs are! There are so many sizes and breeds to look at. The dogs and their owners all sit together in a certain section of the ball park. The people are always so friendly, too (like most dog people I know). Does anyone on here live in Cincy or surrounding area? Are you going to the game, too? Maybe I'll see ya' there!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HaHa! I think it's funny because I love baseball and all, but I don't really care who's pitching! I'm excited because I can take my dog along lol. BTW, I think the Reds are doing pretty good this year. This is my first Red's game of the season. My son has gone this year, tho'. The pic in my Avatar is Stella from the last Bark in the Park we went to....as you can see, she gets really excited by it all LOL! :)

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Oh that's awesome -- I would love to go, but I'm in the wrong state now :(

One of my best friends is still in college and works at the stadium for cash during the summer...I'll have to ask her how much the workers hate Bark in the Park night ;) (I can't see her being a fan lol)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure I can understand the workers not liking this event lol. But, for the most part, the people who take their dogs to this are pretty good about picking after and taking care of their dogs. They do have designated potty areas. And drinking areas, etc. And like I said before, the dogs are all sequestered into a certain area of the ballpark. It's just really a cool event! I love it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I wish I could go. My dogs would so not behave themselves.... Sounds fun though!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I don't know if you know this or not, but I do have 3 dogs! Only Stella is able to go. Stella is a therapy dog and I can take her anywhere. Desi has behavior issues stemming from not being properly socialized (my fault and he's forever a work in progress). Lucy would probably be okay except for the fireworks they shoot off whenever a homerun is hit or if the Reds win the game. She so does not like fireworks. So, it's only Stella. It's kinda sad, because the other 2 are such beautiful dogs and it would be fun to show them off, too lol!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, out of my two I bet Landen would be good, or at least under control. Unfortunately, he is still recovering from surgery last Thursday.... he is basically on house arrest until he feels better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry to hear about Landen's surgery. Hope he feels better soon. I'll let you know how it goes. And I definitely hope the weather is good....should be, but you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts