Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rottweiler puppy, 3 months old, he has done great all the way around with his training, but this week he has started barking at 3am - I let him out to use the bathroom, I feed and water and let him go back out, but when I put him back into the crate he starts all over again, any suggestions?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Are you giving food and water at 3 am? Most dogs need to use the bathroom within 30-45 minutes of eating or drinking, so that would explain why he's needing to go again so soon even if he's going back out immediately after feeding him. Is there a reason he needs to be fed at that time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
normally, I feed Chumley at about 4:30 am when I get up, and he eats ;then about 30 minutes later we go out for a walk. For some reason his schedule has changed, and he is barking at 3am, and i let it go on till about 3:3o.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My gsd pup is 4.5 months and wakes me in the night too. Im not even sure he really has to go or just wants attention and company. If you solve the problem please let me know. I have been sleep deprived since christmas.

Hopefully...he will grow out of it, but idk. It seems the earlier I go to bed, the earlier he wakes up...ugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts