Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corona has been having vomiting episodes for at least a couple of months now. We have been to the vet at least three times.. no parasites, blood work all came back perfect. She was put on Iams Skin & Coat Vet Formula (canned) about a month ago.

I was out most of the day yesterday and came home to find that she had vomited at least four or five times.

What I find especially strange is that only once has she ever vomited up food.. every other time it is just the contents of an empty stomach (i.e. bile). So, in MY mind, it doesn't seem like it's the food that's the problem.. but what do I know.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has some insight on this... a similar experience, or thoughts on what it might be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
If the blood work came back fine then my suspicions of pancreatitis are not right! Your dogs are tiny, perhaps she needs to be fed more times a day? The food you are giving is high in fat which seems to have stopped my guy from having bile vomits.

Put the ingredient lists of the different foods you have fed side by side. Perhaps one will jump out as a potenial problem. If all have had corn oil or beet pulp then maybe that minor ingredient isn't well tolerated. *I* don't do well with iron sulphate, that stuff is nasty. It could even be the mineral supplement!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts