Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I brought home our baby a few months ago and had not received any papers. Being that she was our first puppy together, we were a little uneducated on how the puppy buying process goes and did not even think to ask for papers. We were able to see her parents, however, and they both looked like full blooded Chows. Our baby's name is Nala and she has a completely blue/black tongue and everyone who sees her just thinks she's absolutely gorgeous. When she was a baby, my boyfriend and I were positive that she was full blooded but as she grows older, I'm beginning to question it a little and am curious to see what other people think. This is strictly just a poll on whether she looks purebred based only off her looks. Eventually, my boyfriend and I would like to get her DNA tested to find out 100%.
So please join in :)

PS- the other puppy shown in one of tthe pictures is her sister who does have papers and is purebred :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
The pic with the stuffed animal looks like alittle bit mixed, like 90% chow with a touch of something else in there....
I had a chow growing up.....

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
She looks to be full Chow to me. Not the best bred Chow in the world, but she doesn't appear to be mixed.

She sure is fluffy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
She might just be going through the "puppy uglies" depending on how old she is (I've only seen adult chows so I don't really know what their awkward stage looks like.)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Looks like the common Chows I would see around Beijing when I used to live there (so not show quality, but a purebred Chow) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome guys! Thank you for the feed back. It feels nice to have some other opinions in the mix.. And also thanks for the compliments. These two babies and SUPER spoiled if you couldn't already tell :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I know nothing about Chows, so I am of no help. I can say, however, don't waste your money on a DNA test. They are a crock.. not accurate.

Cute pup ya got there.

·
Registered
905 Posts
She does look purebred, or very high Chow mix, if not from the best breeder. the only thing that would give me pause, besides her length of muzzle (which can e seen in byb dogs) is her coat length. While some dogs are fluffier than others, her coat is a bit short. But, it could be an odd growth phase

1 - 10 of 10 Posts