Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She will be 3 in august, we got her when she was 8 weeks old from the pound. She was found on the side of the road so no idea who her parents were. The pound claimed she was a golden retriever, and when she was a puppy, she looked as if she might of been a malnourished golden retriever, it became obvious that was not the case.... especially since she eats like a horse.

I always thought greyhound from the start, as the only non-greyhound feature she seems to possess is the floppy ears... she even has the grey-hound 'chicklet' teeth. She's actually got a smaller waist than it appears at first glance because she has what we call "wings" of skin hanging down, if you tuck them up you can see exactly how slim her waist is...

She is a couch potato.... she will sleep as long as you will let her, in all sorts of odd positions that you generally wouldn't see a dog doing, ans she became obsessed with our bed as soon as we got one of those nice memory foam beds. She is very obedient, and personable.... with a personality much like a little kid. She is very fast..... we have a neighbor dog she plays with which is a german shep/rotty mix named Ruger. You will see him sprinting as fast as he can running from her, as shes hopping and prancing along side him as if it were nothing.

She enjoys bird and squirrel watching... sitting at the bay window, or back sliding door just watching... for an hour at a time sometimes, and when you let her out... she stalks them. Often times you catch her gazing out, and you just wonder what the heck shes looking at.

I haven't come across another dog quite like her, so I was wondering what say you? Greyhound/yellow lab mix? Is this breed common? It would seem to me something like this would almost have to be purposely done, not accidental....maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
She's lovely! She looks like a lab/greyhound mix to me.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I think yellow lab/greyhound as well. I don't think that is a common "breed" - I haven't personally heard of any purposeful mixes of the sort...was most likely an "oops, let's dump the puppies that our un-neutered dogs just made on the side of the road" type of mix. (poor babies)

Adorable girl! She is lucky to have found you! =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts