Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Vada somehow chipped her tooth. She chipped the tip of her right bottom canine. She doesn't seem to be in any pain and goes about her business like normal. I just hope it's nothing too bad or cuts her gums with the edge. I can't contact the vet til Tuesday.

I can't figure out how in the world she did it and it is slowly driving me up the wall. Most of her toys are the skins of the plushies she has destroyed, a couple of kongs, and antlers. She digs in her crate, but I have yet to see any teeth action there. I feel like an overprotective mother...but I must find the offending object...

Any ideas on what she did? I don't think she ran into any walls recently, but I could be overestimating her grace.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If everything else in her environment is soft then I would be looking at the antler as the culprit. Having said that you can chip a tooth biting a wooden chair, ask me, I have first hand experience and a cap to prove it.

If she will let you, you can file the sharp edges with a nail file/emory(sp) board. Just be gentle and don't scrape the gum.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If everything else in her environment is soft then I would be looking at the antler as the culprit. Having said that you can chip a tooth biting a wooden chair, ask me, I have first hand experience and a cap to prove it.

If she will let you, you can file the sharp edges with a nail file/emory(sp) board. Just be gentle and don't scrape the gum.
Sorry to hijack this thread but...
You bit a chair?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Teeth are weird like that. They can take the punishment of chewing for years, but one bite at the wrong angle and bam! Chipped tooth. I have a wonky looking tooth from a pistachio. (it was a tiny chip, so the dentist just smoothed it out.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts