Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 week old chinese crested (hairless). She seems to have some swelling around her eyes, mouth, and ears. Also these areas are very pink. She does not have a fever, and is eating and drinking normally. About a week ago, the vet did a skin scraping to check to see if it was mange, and it was not. It is not scaly, or dry - just very pink. Her eyes are very watery as well. She also keeps chewing on her front paws - which seem as though they may be pink and swollen as well. Could it be allergies to something? She doesn't seem sick or too uncomfortable, but I am concerned. Any ideas on what could cause this?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
My first thought would be a food allergy. What is she eating?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think she was eating Iams Puppy food before she came home with me. Now, I have her on Innova Puppy. But, I have only had her since Saturday, so hopefully the change in diet will help. We have a vet appt on Wednesday as well. I was just curious to see if it could possibly be anything other than an allergy. Possibly something I haven't thought of, or that isn't as common. Hopefully it is something easily managed! :)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
A good place for Crestie owners is this forum. Lots of posts about skin care and commonly asked questions. Across every member on there, we've seen just about everything. =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts