Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey on Christmas Eve my 4 year old chihuahua was scared for some reason and walked fine,
but wanted to hide under the bed or the bathroom,
i let her sleep on my bed, then she woke up with her back left leg/paw hurting on Christmas,
it wouldnt touch the floor,
she is doing better, but she doesn't wanna walk or eat this morning,
she only drank water.
last night she was eating and kept licking her hurting leg.
all she want's to do now is rest, but when i put her up to walk she just stands still.
and she's scared of being outside but does walk to go to the bathroom and walks back inside and stands still scared/shivering.

i also did find bb's in my backyard from a bb gun....
is this a sprained leg? or was she shot and now she's scared?
im too broke to go to a vet so i came here to see if anybody has had this issue...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:
chihuahua doesn't wanna walk on indoor tile/step inside the house,
but walks in the grass, raises back leg sometime.
just laying in the bed in the living room trembling a little bit...
this is day 2, should i see a vet already? or is her leg sprained. she used to be VERY active.
she does eat.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Even if it is a sprain (or another soft tissue injury), that doesn't mean the trip to the vet will have been a waste. They can give you some pain/anti-inflammatory medication and instructions for the best healing, not to mention peace of mind.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would take her to the vet poor thing :( When Charlie broke his leg, he licked it, was defensive when we tried to touch it, and didn't put weight on it. And it was a broken femur bone. Take her before swelling gets worse and impedes the healing.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
The only answer is GO TO THE VET. We cannot diagnose your dog here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.