Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband and I just brought home our first dog - a 9 week old chihuahua. I know that's young to have her at home, but we do, so we need to take the best care of her we can. We took a week off work to hang out with her, get her used to our home and us, etc. We're working on potty training slowly, but have had to go back to work this week.

we put her in a x-pen instead of a crate since we both work. We try to get home at lunch, but that still isn't every 2 hours (my husband goes to work about 1.5 hours after I do and I get home about 1.5 hours before him). Anyway, she has started somehow physically moving the x-pen around the room.

Then, yesterday, I came home from work and she had managed to climb out of the pen and was just running around the house. We really don't want to crate her all day AND while she sleeps at night - but I don' t know what to do!

can anyone help?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Put a lid on your xpen. My cocker bitch has been able to climb 4 ft xpens and all babygates since she was 4 months old. I started tarping the top, now I have a 4 ft xpen piece (2 pieces connected still) that I clip on to the top as a lid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts