Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 11 month old male Lab, and I'm having a hard time finding him chew toys that he won't destroy within 5 minutes.

So far, here is what we have that he can't destroy:

• Classic Kong
  • Hard plastic "dent-a-bone"
  • Actual bone from the local pet store

We've tried a variety of other hard rubber toys (including the Kong "Large Goodie Bone"), but he just destroys each and every one of them within the first 5 minutes of chewing.

Any suggestions on good toys for power chewers?

·
Registered
64 Posts
THE ONLY toy that my pitbull doesn't rip to shreds in 5 seconds is the black Extreme Kong....EVERYTHING else he shreds. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, at least mine can't destroy the classic red kong. It's been his favorite toy since day one. I was looking for a tough rubber chew toy that's more "bone shaped", looks like it would be more comfortable for him to chew on, but so far, he's destroyed them all within 5 minutes...

·
Registered
64 Posts
My pitbull can chew a red kong to shreds in a matter of minutes LOL :eek:

Anyways, they do make a black kong in the shape of a bone. I've only ever seen it online (ebay) but I was thinking about buying one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had good luck with the extreme Kong also... we have a 120lb male rottie who destroys anything and everything in a matter of seconds. He can chew through a bone like not one's business and the regular red kong was gone in about 5 mins flat.

What I have a hard time with is two different size dogs... my aussie mix and the rott and she can't chew very well on the extreme Kong, she does like to toss it around and bounce it off walls and roll on it though. I can't keep one for her though because the rott just chews it up.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
How about the Galileo by Nylabone?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We always gave our big dogs nylabones, and gave up on rubbery toys. They make chicken flavored ones even. However, I found that some dogs would prefer to destroy a rubbery toy (or shoe or bag or rug or...) than gnaw on a hard toy. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts