Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I think my puggle (11 weeks) has Cherry Eye, while I've been told it's common in puppies 3-6 months I want get it checked out by the vet.

My question is, Tomorrow is Sunday, so it's double rates for my vet and then followed by Bank Holiday Monday. Is this something which needs to be checked out IMMEDIATELY or can it wait until tuesday?

If I'm told it needs to be tomorrow I will go no issue, but if I can save myself £50 I will try to do so.

Please advise.

- It doesn't seem to be bothering her, it's a little red and tends to go redder when she's whining to be let out of her play pen or wants food, or has her mad 30min run around. Then it seems to go a paler pink rather than the red.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
I am not a vet. I did have a foster dog with double cherry eye (who had surgery for it and all).
IMO--
If you're confident that it is cherry eye, then its not an emergency. But if you aren't sure its cherry eye and think it might be some other eye issue like a potentially an infection or ulcer on the eye, then a vet visit would be important.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your advice, I've googled dog eye ulcer and it looks the same as cherry eye so I think I'll take her tomorrow just to be safe. I think I'd rather know then leave it and find out on Tuesday that it needed to be dealt with sooner rather than later. I'd hate if something bad happened due to my inaction and trying to save money. I'd rather spend it and her be healthier and comfortable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She woke up this morning and it had all cleared up, guess she'd popped it back in herself. Doesn't look like anything was wrong at all anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts