Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OMG... so I'm sure most people don't know this about me but... I've got some major arachnophobia. If there is a spider, I scream, run, stand on a chair, etc. and usually one of my dogs kills it. In fact, that's one of their jobs LOL.

Well, I was sitting around eating lucky charms and watching a movie, when I saw a BIG HAIRY SPIDER crawl across my ceiling. I immediately rolled off my bed and ran for the door. Then I stood in the hallway watching it, trying to come up with a game plan to get it out of my room. Eevee stood next to me, staring up at the spider and whining.

After I caught my breath, I got a spray bottle and tried to shoot the spider off the ceiling. Didn't work. I grabbed a broom and used the handle to kindof "herd" the spider to where it would fall flat on the floor and be easy to catch... then I dug through my hamper and threw dirty socks at my ceiling, trying to dislodge the spider. This thing was strong and stayed glued to my ceiling!

All of a sudden, the spider decided on its own to just LET GO of my ceiling, which caused me to scream and Eevee to whine some more and circle below. I snuck past and grabbed the broom again, and hooked the hanging spider with the end of it, and then trapped it underneath the end of the broom on the floor. Then I quickly grabbed a glass mug and trapped the spider under it. Eevee tried to dig under the glass but I told her to go away, and I slipped a post-it pad under the opening of the glass and removed the spider from my room. VICTORY IS MINE!

Here's my scary intruder... I looked it up and apparently, he's a Bold Jumping Spider. SO glad I didn't try and trap him ON the ceiling, he might've jumped on my face or something! >O_O;<

Look, he's got a smily face on his butt!

Anyway, I'm going to go evict him now. <.<

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
CHEETAH. I absolutely HATE, ABHOR, DETEST spiders but I clicked this thread in FULL KNOWLEDGE that there would be spider pics because I was also hoping to see some Shippo pics. I faced my own fear for the sake of fluffy photos. Turns out there are NO Shippo pics, just fat hairy spider pics. :mad::mad: I have half a mind to report you for this...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LMFAO! Well then I guess I'd better get out tomorrow and get some Shippo pics to make up for it! I don't wanna get reported! >^^;<

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I sold cars, I had one of those around my desk that I found under a hood one day. His name was Sparky. He had those massive green front things jumping spiders have. I fed him flies and moths. One day he outgrew his gallon jug and I let him go in a tree out front along the highway. Godspeed Sparky...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I love most spiders:) Especially jumping spiders, I think they are cool. They are actually pretty smart too. There is one kind of spider (I think a type of jumping spider, but not sure) that is supposedly as smart as an average dog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts