Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here:wave:. My boyfriend and I adopted a puppy this past week and we were told she is a catahoula/bull mastiff mix, but were not so sure- so I thought some outside opinions might give us some insight.

On to the pics- here's Charlie

charlie2.jpg
Charlie1.jpg
charlie3.jpg

She's rather difficult to get an awake photo with since shes a rambunctious thing. If anyone has some input that be great!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Depending on where you are located I would say plott hound mix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. Can you explain why you're thinking more of a plott hound mix? Also I'm in Illinois.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
yeah. I would say hound mix,still. Im in Central Illinois and there are a lot of hound mixes(more of bloodhounds, and blue ticks but I have seen a few plott hounds). I'm saying plott hound because of her coloring and from those pictures her body resembles a plott to me.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Looks like a Plott mix to me, too. Mastiff, though? I don't see that. I see a Plott hound mixed with some other hound. Hounds are awesome- you get twice the fun!

Stick around, we have lots to offer besides breed guesses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your input. I definitely see the Plott in her after looking at pictures. We didn't really think mastiff was in the mix at all. Looks like shes going to be a handful, but tomorrow is day one of obedience training :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts