Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here:wave:. My boyfriend and I adopted a puppy this past week and we were told she is a catahoula/bull mastiff mix, but were not so sure- so I thought some outside opinions might give us some insight.

On to the pics- here's Charlie

Dog breed Dog Canidae Carnivore Snout
Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Sporting Group
Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Sporting Group

She's rather difficult to get an awake photo with since shes a rambunctious thing. If anyone has some input that be great!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Depending on where you are located I would say plott hound mix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses. Can you explain why you're thinking more of a plott hound mix? Also I'm in Illinois.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
yeah. I would say hound mix,still. Im in Central Illinois and there are a lot of hound mixes(more of bloodhounds, and blue ticks but I have seen a few plott hounds). I'm saying plott hound because of her coloring and from those pictures her body resembles a plott to me.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Looks like a Plott mix to me, too. Mastiff, though? I don't see that. I see a Plott hound mixed with some other hound. Hounds are awesome- you get twice the fun!

Stick around, we have lots to offer besides breed guesses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I definitely see the Plott in her after looking at pictures. We didn't really think mastiff was in the mix at all. Looks like shes going to be a handful, but tomorrow is day one of obedience training :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts