Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 10mo(Terrible Two's Stage) Standard male Poodle about 60lbs-trainer suggested we transition to adult dog food -is presently on Wellness Complete health grain free for puppy-he gets 4C/day-Trainer suggested Farmina GF Pumpkin dry kibble-never heard of the company but quite a few independent pet food stores sell it by us-Anybody use it or can give me info good or bad?
Thanks,
Trish in NJ

·
Registered
549 Posts
Farmina is a fantastic food, the price is just too high for me, lol. I typically rotate foods, it's Annamaet right now (it was on sale at the local shop so I got 4 bags), before it was Nature Select and I might switch to NutriSource next.. Mostly to avoid nutrition deficiency long term. I avoid legumes and potatoes so I stick to grains though (I'm worried about the whole DCM thing

4 cups a day seems like a lot for a 60 lb pup though! My 88lb 1.5yo eats that much.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
My last puppy was raised on adult food, so no need to switch her. The dog before that was switched to adult food sometime between six months and a year, I want to say.

Four cups a day may or may not be "a lot". At 10 months my GSD was probably 40 pounds, and easily ate 4 to 6 cups of food a day, depending on what I was feeding. I really go more on what they look like than the amount on the package.

Personally, I've gone back to Purina Pro Plan. A lot of people put it (and anything Purina) down, but I know a LOT of dogs who do well on it. Purina is also one of the few brands that still does AAFCO feeding trials, instead of just meeting formula requirements.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Farmina is a fabulous company. Go to their website and read about them. I switched my puppy to Farmina Ancient grains lamb after she refused to eat her prior kibble. She absolutely loves the food. I bought it right off the Farmina website at their online store as my local pet shop only carries the grain free brands. Where are you in NJ Trish? I live in Bordentown Township.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts