Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 year old dog who has always been fed once in the morning and once in the evening. He has never turned his head up to his meals. Last week he was boarding and had his yearly check up (he boards every year for vacation). We also just adopted two kittens but he hasn't met them yet, though I'm sure he's aware they are here. Since he has been home from the kennel, he will not eat in the morning. The food will sit until the evening. We thought maybe they were feeding him late in the kennel so I thought I'd give it some time for him to readjust but it's been 7 days. Other than that, he seems fine. BM's are normal. We haven't changed his food. Should I be concerned? thanks

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm not a vet, and I'm not an expert, but unless you feel he could be ill, I'd just give it some time...

It sounds like you all have had a busy schedule lately, and he's probably just not interested...

My dog Donatello, his feeding-schedule and routine change constantly!! Sometimes he needs me to sit with him when he eats, and most times he'd rather eat alone... Sometimes he wants to eat twice a day, sometimes he'll barely eat once a day!

I'd give it a few more days, but if you start seeing any signs that might signal an illness I'd get him a check-up...

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts