Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought in a stray kitty about a month ago and nursed her back to health. She was so thin and had sores all over her body, but was so trusting of people. It was a sad site to see. I took her to the vet and the doctor thought she may have leukemia, but I didn't get the test done right then since my plan was to turn her in to the shelter. That didn't happen. The test came back negative when I got it done - yay!!

The vet put her on amoxicillin to help with the sores and she has healed quite nicely. However, I will brush her and the nastiest skin debris will come out with wads of hair attached. I have looked and she has small scabs on certain parts of her body that seem to heal, but then more will come in other places. Any thoughts as to what this could be?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Allergies...like flea allergy? I really have no idea. I'd be taking her back to the vet.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Could be a bacterial thing. Have the vet do a skin scraping.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Larceny used to have sore like that when she lived with my grandma. When she came to live with us, we switched her food and put her on Frontline, since we were pretty sure it was either a flea or food allergy related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts