Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's at the e-vet right now spending the night.

She was her normal puppy self until around 6pm. Then she became lethargic and started shivering. I took her to the e-vet since where I work was closed. After 3 hours there she still only barely picked her head up when I left :(.

She has a fever of 104.2 and some slight tenderness in her belly. They are going to run some blood tests, a parvo test, and maybe some x-rays. She'll also spend the night on fluids. The doc really wasn't sure what's going on. She doesn't think it's parvo (no vomiting or diarrhea) but isn't sure what else it could be. She hasn't gotten into anything that I know of, the house is super puppy-proofed and we keep a close eye on her anytime she's out of the crate.

I've already spoken to her breeder and all the other pups are doing well but she's going to call the owners to let them know to keep an eye out just in case.

I just want her to be okay and come home asap! They said no news is good news tonight and they'll give me a call with an update around 9am tomorrow. Luckily one of my friends is a tech there and was working when I came in with Carol so she'll be keeping an extra close eye on her.

Any good thoughts I can get for her would be terrific. I'm really worried about the little girl and want her home and feeling better.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this. Wishing Carol a speedy recovery. You must be worried sick... hang in there, and let us know what the vet says :(

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the good thoughts.

There was no news overnight so that's a good thing. I should get a call in an hour or two with an update but I'll be on my way to work so unable to post till later tonight.

Please keep thinking good thoughts that she's all better quickly and can get home asap!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
My prayers are with you and Carol. Hope you hear something soon!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
hope Carol's ok....she's such a cute puppy...we have one Swissy in the club....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Oh man... sorry to hear about this!! Check all her toys to be sure she didn't chew off any ends.

Good vibes your way!

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Sorry to hear it.. waiting on the update and I hope very much it is good news.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have quite a crush on my little girl. although she is going on seven she will always be a little girl puppy to me. She once had an allergic reaction because too many shots at one time. That day really sticks in my mind.

What scares me the most is those med-problems for both human and animal alike and the doctors have no idea what it could be? Hoping she recovers and they can identify what it was. please let us all know, so we can feel better for you and your little girl! Trying to think postitive!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts