Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone order from Carnivore Carry Out? I've heard good things about them, and there's a delivery location close by. I am just about able to order my chest freezer, but literally the largest one I can physically fit anywhere is a 7.0 cubic foot chest.

Does anyone have a chest freezer of a similar size? Could you give me an idea of how much space one of their 40 lb cases (of either something like chicken thighs or the ground chubs) takes up? Ideally, I would love to order a month's worth at a time, but I am horrible at spatial relations and I cannot wrap my head around how much space things might occupy in the freezer.

·
Registered
11,441 Posts
I have an upright freezer that is 5.7 cubic feet. Takes up about as much floor space as a microwave plus door swing room. Very easy to keep organized because nothing gets lost at the bottom of the chest.

I have ordered several times from My Pet Carnivore who ships their ground raw in plastic deli containers. Those take up a bit more space than chub rolls although it is easier to the 2 lb containers than a bigger messier roll. I can fit 24 containers (48 lbs) in my freezer with a bit of space left. Now though, I mostly buy meat that can feed either the dogs or people (like chicken quarters, pork roasts etc) and use the freezer for everyone that way.

I would guesstimate that a 7 cubic foot chest freezer could fit around 80 to maybe even 100 lbs of chub rolls (5 lb rolls, 16 to 20 rolls) or slightly less meat if its whole cuts or is in deli or storage containers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that helps! I have ordered from My Pet Carnivore too, and I still have 3 or 4 of their 2 lb tubs of organ blends, so that will make it easier for me to visualize how much will fit in the freezer. I have been told by my wife that I am not allowed to keep the "gross dog food" in our spare freezer anymore because it grosses her out, lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Does anyone order from Carnivore Carry Out?"

Just want to warn anyone thinking of using them that the owner/leader of the co-op is very rude and you don't want to have to work with them. I've worked in dog nutrition for years, but as soon as I asked a couple questions (like could I get smaller portions for my first order just to make sure my pups liked the different things) they literally attacked me and basically told me I was an idiot and that I was too childish for their co-op anyways. Totally unprofessional and based on that experience I'm sure they wouldn't be willing to be flexible and work with you on any issues that you might have. Their emails were also almost unreadable because of all the spelling and grammar errors. Just wanted to give the warning to anyone considering them as I know there aren't many co-op options in my area.

·
Super Moderator
2,517 Posts
I'm definitely sorry you had that experience - it sounds awful. This post is six years old and the original poster hasn't been active here in almost as long, so I am going to close this thread to further replies, as these 'zombie' threads can sometimes cause confusion. But please feel free to start your own threads or join in any of our current discussions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.