Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry some of these suck, I was trying to keep an eye on everything that was going on and snap pictures so my main concern was not getting run over. Also, Cara was starting to get tired by this point, because I'm dumb and didn't take my camera in until our third time in the pen. Aaanyways, enjoy the little bear on sheep.

This is the group of sheep Cara was on at first, she did well but didn't want to go out around them so ended up on a larger group. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera in when she was on the smaller group so this will have to do.

GEDC1252 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

This is the group I did get pictures on, it was 50 or so lambs. Cara was a little unsure and intimidated by the larger group at first but quickly got that it was the same concept.
GEDC1270 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

Probably one of my favorites of the bunch.

GEDC1278 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1279 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1280 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1281 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1282 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1284 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1286 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

GEDC1287 by piddlexpants1, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That is awesome! I love seeing a dog have a job to do and working. :) Cara is a beautiful dog too! I almost forgot to ask who the other dog was?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The border collie in the background in some of the pictures? That's Moss, he's my trainers dog. :)

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Those are pretty cool pictures of your dog working! When I at first read this, I thought your dog was going to be on the sheep, literally, lol.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good pictures. Looks like she had fun!
Thank you! We've been going twice a week and she absolutely LOVES it. She gets excited as soon as we pull into the driveway where we train.

Those are pretty cool pictures of your dog working! When I at first read this, I thought your dog was going to be on the sheep, literally, lol.
Thank you, and no not literally on sheep although that might be...interesting.

awesome! I would LOVE to photograph a collie at work.
She's an australian shepherd, but thank you.

Yayy! Looks like she did great. We haven't taken Ace yet, but Colby is usually INSANE around the sheep. We're still working... Are those yours?
Haha no the sheep aren't mine. We just go twice a week to play. ;)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Thank you, and no not literally on sheep although that might be...interesting.
I was literally on sheep once - at a trial, no less. Three little barbados came barreling right between my legs and I went sheep surfing for about 15 feet. Phoebe earned her open sheep title that weekend in spite of her handler. I can only hope there's not video floating around somewhere (of that and the time the blue eyed demon threw my skirt over my head in the obedience ring!)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
What kind of sheep are those? They seem to have tails!!

Great pics!!! I would love to get mine on livestock but I don't know how to start
look like they might be Katahdn?

Oh. And all sheep have tails. Most woolies are docked for the sake of sanitation. Hair sheep don't get as messy back there

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was literally on sheep once - at a trial, no less. Three little barbados came barreling right between my legs and I went sheep surfing for about 15 feet. Phoebe earned her open sheep title that weekend in spite of her handler. I can only hope there's not video floating around somewhere (of that and the time the blue eyed demon threw my skirt over my head in the obedience ring!)
Oh my goodness, I can easily say I'm pretty sure I would just flat out have a heart attack. It's funny to imagine, but the reality of it seems awful lol As for the skirt, well in that case I might just die of embarrassment. lol

I haven't seen Cara in so long -- she looks great! And like she's having a blast with those sheep. Nice job!
Thank you! She's really growing up, it's hard to believe she's almost two already. She loves the sheep, her ears perk up as soon as we pull into our trainers driveway. :p

What kind of sheep are those? They seem to have tails!!

Great pics!!! I would love to get mine on livestock but I don't know how to start
Thank you, I'm not sure what type of sheep they are but they do indeed have tails.

As far as getting started, I would just start asking around. You can also look for AHBA trials in your area here and maybe attend and talk to some people to find out what's available in your area as far as training.
http://www.ahba-herding.org/MainPage.php?AreaName=EventsCalendar

·
Registered
50 Posts
What a beautiful dog!! She definitely knows how to do her job it seems :)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a beautiful dog!! She definitely knows how to do her job it seems :)
Thank you, right now we're just having a lot of fun with it. As long as she keeps having fun we'll keep going. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts