Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed Elsa will occassionally pant and shiver when we go for a car ride. I'm assuming this is car sickness...or some fear of big trucks driving by. I haven't quite made the connection yet because I want to ignore it...and I only praise her when she's acting calm. Does anyone else have a problem with dogs and car sickness? I've heard ginger biscuits help, but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We brought Chloe home from South carolina to Iowa and she was fine the entire ride. We drive 2 miles to the vet.. she urka gurkas all over. I can ask at work today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My vet recommended dramamine for our carsick puppy.

She traveled from Michigan to North Carolina and it definatley mellowed her out and she didn't get sick.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dramamine?...really? I think Elsa's just having sympathy for me since I too have a problem with motion sickness...just thinking about a plane makes me get dizzy. But I know what dramamine does to me, and I couldn't think of giving her dramamine. But I appreciate the suggestion, and if we do go for a long drive, I might even consider it after consulting with my vet. Thank you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You could try any number of the herbal remedies used to calm anxious dogs. They do work. It would be a shame for her to end up fighting to get in the car, but I know you would not let that happen. My dogs always pant, which equals massive drool production! But they seem to like it otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts