Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday to get here. Husband is going to pick up our new 6 month old lab puppy. Then we are going to the dog park so our other dog and him can meet. Monday can't come soon enough for me.:D

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well first things first, is the puppy up on all his shots? There may be alot of other dogs and just maybe meeting your dog at his new home would be more ideal in my mind. You would know your dogs temperament best, and do you feel the dog park would help in any way?

I am sure it will all come together and you will be blessed with another wonderfull family member. Please let us know how it went, always great to hear about the new addition!:) If you can, post a picture of the two together?

·
Banned
749 Posts
Monday to get here. Husband is going to pick up our new 6 month old lab puppy. Then we are going to the dog park so our other dog and him can meet. Monday can't come soon enough for me.:D
If your going to the dog park have your dog on leash outside the dog park near the fence. This way the pup can be socialized with the other dogs in a safe manner. Do not just bring him in without knowing if he can handle all the other dogs first. It not only could upset your dog but could make the others aggressive also. Also when you bring the dog inside when you feel it is safe then make sure to take him off leash right away. Do not allow your dog to be on leash in an off leash dog park because he can become reactive and the other dogs can become reactive as well.

A few weeks ago there was a women who brought five dogs into the dog park Lola and I were at two sharpei dogs which were to big for the area we were in and 3 other dogs. None of the dogs had tags so you did not know if they had the rabies shots or not. One dog she was walking on leash and when I asked her why she had told me that the dog can't be off leash. I then told her that the dog should not be in the dog park. The dog was fearful and could have caused the other dogs to attack and be aggressive. After her using the famous F word on me I called the park rangers and she had left after talking to them.

A good link for dog park's on what to do and what not to do can be found here: http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/sample/a_bark_in_the_park.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts